This week’s Toddle Along Tuesday is just too good to pass up. I’ve found myself laughing and relating to so many of the blogger moms who have shared their confessions, that I thought I’d better add my own to the mix. If you are in need of a dose of “you are not the only one,” I really suggest that you visit Growing Up Geeky today (by clicking the image below) and enjoy the read. It’s totally refreshing.
1. I sneak fruit chewy packs while hiding in the laundry room, or during naptime, or after the boys go to bed. I tell myself I buy them for the kids, but they get about one bag for every five (or seven) I eat.
2. Some nights (okay, most nights) after the boys are in bed, I need to sit and stare at the wall for 5 minutes or an hour before I can function enough to try to find the floor of our home.*
3. Though I have some real mommy guilt over not being able to spend enough one-on-one time with each of my twins, I still secretly curse when one of them wakes up early from their nap.
4. If it weren’t for my boys’ current obsession with “brushing” their teeth (which is really just chewing on the bristles), I’m quite sure I would never remember to do it. We call once a day a success.
5. I blame teething on waaay too much of their drama. Of course, since there are two of them (toddlers, not teeth), and at least one of them is almost always working on a tooth, I figure this is justified, right?
*And some mornings, the floor is still missing under a pile of toys because I feel asleep on the couch.