Thanks to some inspiration from Pinterest and a couple of my mom friends, I’ve jumped on the felt board bandwagon. Now, I will be the first to admit that I am not what you would call a “crafty” person, but I can cut some shapes out of (inexpensive…bonus!) felt. My boys were loving playing with their felt snowman lately, so with Valentine’s Day coming up, I thought we could switch it up for some fun with hearts.
Simply cut out some hearts in different sizes and colors and let the comparisons (an important early math skill) begin. We had fun with our small, medium, and large sizes. This super simple activity also lends easily to talking about colors, counting, comparison, and size.
- How many small purple hearts?
- What color is the large one?
- Can you put them in order from smallest to largest?
- Three pink hearts plus two red hearts is how many hearts?
- Can you put the red heart next to, on, under, to the right of…the purple heart?